Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
ADVERTISEMENT FOR BIDS
1. BIDS for the furnishing of the necessary HEADSTONE RESTORATION PROJECT FOR THE CITY OF HUDSON, OHIO will be received through the Bid Express website at https://www.bidexpress.com/ until 10:00 A.M. LOCAL TIME TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 7, 2021. The City of Hudson will open and publicly read the total bid amount for bids via video teleconference.
2. The proposed work consists of the structural repair and preservation of approximately 158 cemetery headstones that are in various states of damage and disrepair. The construction to properly make physical repairs, level and reset, clean and apply preservation methods to each headstone will follow industry standards as detailed in the scope of work. Contractor shall furnish all supplies and equipment needed to perform this work. Services are to be completed in accordance with the specifications which are on file in the office of the Public Works Department.
3. A MANDATORY pre-bid meeting will be held on Tuesday, August 24, 2021 at 10:00 a.m. at Old Hudson Township Burying Ground, 30 Chapel St., Hudson, OH 44236. Failure to appear by the start of the scheduled pre-bid meeting will result in a forfeiture of any costs the contract bid documents/improvement plans paid by the bidder, no future addendum notices will be given on this project, and the contractor will not be permitted to submit a bid for the project. A representative from each bidder is required to attend and provide proof of identification at the time of registration. Representatives are required to stay for the duration of the meeting in order to be eligible to submit a bid for the project. Exemptions will only be granted to those representatives who attended the mandatory pre-bid meeting associated with the original bid posting.
4. The City will only receive Bids through the Bid Express website at https://www.bidexpress.com. All bid forms, contract documents and plans are available through the Bid Express website. All electronic bidders must first register on the bidexpress.com website and create an Info Tech Digital ID. Registration and Digital ID creation are free. It can take up to five business days to process your Digital ID and it is highly recommended that a Digital ID be enabled 48 hours in advance of submitting an electronic bid. A fee of $35 will be incurred to bid electronically on a pay-per solicitation basis; alternatively, you may subscribe for $50 per month to have access to all solicitations and email notifications.
5. Bids must be accompanied by Bid security in the form of either a Bid Guaranty and Contract Bond for the full amount of the bid, or a certified check, cashier’s check, or letter of credit pursuant to Chapter 1305 of the ORC, in the amount of 10% of the bid, made payable to the City of Hudson.
6. In the case of disruption of national communications or loss of services by Bid Express within two hours prior to the deadline for submission of bids, the City will delay the deadline for bid submissions to ensure the ability of potential bidders to submit bids. If this occurs, instructions will be communicated to potential bidders.
7. The City of Hudson, Ohio reserves the right to reject any or all Bids, and to waive any nonconformities not involving price, time, or changes in the work.
By Order of the Council of the City of Hudson, Ohio
Elizabeth Slagle, Clerk of Council
Published: Hudson Hub Times
August 22, 2021, August 29, 2021
City of Hudson website
August 15, 2021 to September 7, 2021