Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
ADVERTISEMENT FOR BIDS
1. BIDS for the furnishing of the necessary materials and construction of the HERRICK PARK AND W. BARLOW ROAD SIDEWALK INSTALLATION FOR THE CITY OF HUDSON, OHIO will be received through the Bid Express website at https://www.bidexpress.com/ until 9:30 AM, LOCAL TIME, TUESDAY, JULY 28, 2021. The City of Hudson will open and publicly read the total bid amount for bids via video-teleconference.
2. The proposed work consists of the installation of new sidewalk along Herrick Park Drive from SR 91 to Lascala and along W. Barlow Road from Nicholson Drive to SR 91. The Herrick Park Drive sidewalk shall consist of approximately 3,000 feet a 5-foot-wide concrete sidewalk and curbing, storm drainage improvements, grading, crosswalks, lighting, fiber and electric conduits, driveways, and minor clearing and restoration. The W. Barlow Road sidewalk shall consist of 1.05 miles of a new concrete sidewalk, minor grading, drainage improvements, signing, pavement markings and the provision of pedestrian accommodations, in the City of Hudson, Ohio, in accordance with the specifications which are on file in the office of the City Engineer.
3. The City will only receive Bids through the Bid Express website at https://www.bidexpress.com. All bid forms, contract documents and plans are available through the Bid Express website. All electronic bidders must first register on the bidexpress.com website and create an Info Tech Digital ID. Registration and Digital ID creation are free. It can take up to five business days to process your Digital ID and it is highly recommended that a Digital ID be enabled 48 hours in advance of submitting an electronic bid. A fee of $35 will be incurred to bid electronically on a pay-per solicitation basis; alternatively, you may subscribe for $50 per month to have access to all solicitations and email notifications.
4. Bids must be accompanied by Bid security in the form of either a Bid Guaranty and Contract Bond for the full amount of the bid, or a certified check, cashier’s check, or letter of credit pursuant to Chapter 1305 of the ORC, in the amount of 10% of the bid, made payable to the City of Hudson.
5. In the case of disruption of national communications or loss of services by Bid Express within two hours prior to the deadline for submission of bids, the City will delay the deadline for bid submissions to ensure the ability of potential bidders to submit bids. If this occurs, instructions will be communicated to potential bidders.
6. The City of Hudson, Ohio reserves the right to reject any or all Bids, and to waive any nonconformities not involving price, time, or changes in the work.
By Order of the Council of the City of Hudson, Ohio
Elizabeth Slagle, Clerk
Published: Hudson Hub Times: Sunday, July 4 and July 11, 2021
Hudson Website: June 27, 2021 to July 20, 2021