Following is a summary of the September 26, 2023, City Council Workshop. To watch the meeting, visit www.hudson.oh.us/WatchMeetings.
Correspondence and Council Comments
Click on this link to view the Council Comments in their entirety.
- The Fiber to the Home subcommittee meeting met to discuss the term sheet. They will be before City Council on October 10 to discuss.
- A Council Forum with Scott Ruffer and Karen Heater will be held at the Library on October 4 from 6:30 to 8 p.m.
- The deadline to register to vote in the November General Election is October 10.
- HCTV Advisory Committee goals and objectives. At the request of City Council, the HCTV Advisory Committee discussed its goals and objectives. View full discussion.
- Proposed Land Development Code text amendments relative to the regulation of vape shops, pawn shops and tattoo parlors. Staff presented a proposed text amendment. View full discussion.
- Farmer’s Rail dumpster enclosures. This resolution would authorize the City Manager to enter into a license agreement with Farmer’s Rail of 98 North Main Street to permit a private dumpster enclosure to encroach into the city owned parcel associated with the parking terrace. View full discussion.
- Preliminary 2024-2028 Five-Year Plan review. City Council discussed the 2024-2028 Five Year Plan Capital for General Fund, Roads, Service, Cemetery, Parks, HCTV, Fire, & EMS. View full discussion.
Proposed Consent Agenda for October 3, 2023
- Resolution retroactively to apply to the State Office of Budget Management for the Ohio Ambulance Transportation Grant Program.
- Resolution to enter into a license agreement for a dumpster enclosure behind the Main Street stores.
- Resolution to enter into a professional services contract with Euthenics Inc. for the design of the SR 303 Safety Improvements Project.
- Resolution to enter into a local public agency federal, Local-LET Project Agreement with the Ohio Department of Transportation for the SR 303 Safety Improvements Project.
- Resolution amending Resolution 22-269 to increase the project cost to bid and award the Owen Brown Street Sidewalk Project in the amount of $713,647.69.
- Resolution to enter into a contract to purchase Police Radios from Motorola Solutions under a State Term Schedule Contract.
- Resolution to appoint an ADA Coordinator and adopt an ADA policy.
- Ordinance creating a public works facility fund.
- Resolution amending Resolution 23-82 to increase the total cost for property at 5431 Hudson Drive from $1,900,000 TO $1,903,688.85.
Proposed Legislation for October 3, 2023
- Ordinance amending Title Four-Utilities, Chapter 1040 “Water Wells Prohibited Where Municipal Water Service Available: Exceptions.” Third reading.
- Ordinance amending the Job Creation Grant Program. Second reading.
- Ordinance for the issue and sale of $740,000 of taxable economic development nontax revenue bond anticipation notes, for the purpose of paying costs of acquiring approximately 4 acres of real property near the southwest corner of Owen Brown Street and Morse Road. Second reading.
- Ordinance to issue and sell $925,000 of taxable economic development not tax revenue bond anticipation notes for paying costs of acquiring approximately 1 acre of real property located at 94 Owen Brown Street for sale or lease for private redevelopment. Second reading.
- Ordinance to issue and sell $1,400,000 of notes for the costs of constructing, furnishing, and equipping a new clubhouse at Ellsworth Meadows Golf Club. Second reading.
- Ordinance to issue and sell $7,500,000 of notes to pay the costs of improving City-owned property at 5810 Hudson Drive by the constructing, furnishing, equipping, and improving a new salt storage facility and new bus maintenance facility. Second reading.
- Ordinance to issue and sell $1,900,000 of notes to pay costs of acquiring real property on Hudson Drive to provide a public works facility. Second reading.
- Ordinance to issue and sell $1,750,000 of notes to pay costs of improving the City’s recreational facilities by installing and improving a multipurpose trail along Boston Mills Road between Timberline Trail and Lake Forest Drive. Second reading.
- Ordinance to issue and sell $1,000,000 of notes to pay costs of improving the City’s recreational facilities by installing and improving a multipurpose trail along Valley View Road between SR 91 and Hunting Hollow Drive and continuing on Hunting Hollow to Prospect Road. Second reading.
- Ordinance to execute an amendment to the agreement with Arlington Valley Farms for the lease-purchase of the real property at 5369 Hudson Drive.
Items to be Added to Future Agendas
- Proclamation: Colonial Heritage Month – October 2023.
- Norfolk Southern Purchase Update on October 10 Workshop.