The Hudson Fire Department, EMS, and Police will kick off National Fire Prevention Week with their annual Safety Services Open House on October 9, from 5:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. at the Hudson Fire Department on 40 S. Oviatt Street. Bring the entire family for a day of fun, festivities and refreshments.
Visitors of all ages will have the opportunity to:
- Meet police officers, emergency medical service workers, and firefighters
- See fire engines, mini safety town cars, police SUVs, and other specialty vehicles
- Tour the police and fire departments
- Watch live fire extinguishers demonstrations
- Watch live electrical hazard demonstrations
- Explore a fire safety escape house
- Photo opportunities
- Learn equipment and safety information
- Enjoy refreshments
This is a free event. Other agencies participating in the event include Ohio Department of Natural Resources Water Safety, the Army National Guard, and Akron Children's Hospital.