Following is a summary of the April 12, 2022 City Council Special Meeting and Workshop. To watch the full meeting, visit www.hudson.oh.us/WatchMeetings.
- Council entered executive session to discuss the employment of a public employee.
Appointment of Clerk of Council Pro Tempore
- Council appointed Thomas Sheridan as Clerk of Council Pro Tempore.
- The Council President made a motion that Jeffrey Anzevino be appointed Mayor. The motion passed 5-2.
- Fire and EMS Discussion with Council. The Fire Chief provided a brief overview of Hudson Fire and EMS history and their current operations followed by a discussion on the pros and cons of their current separate operational models compared to a theoretical fulltime combined.
- HB 172 Discussion. The Ohio General Assembly recently adopted Sub. House Bill 172, which amended Ohio R.C. 3743.45 to allow any person authorized to possess 1.4 G fireworks in Ohio to discharge, ignite, or explode those fireworks on private property on ten (10) specific days of the year 2022. The bill goes into effect on July 1. Some cities are opting out of these requirements based on home rule. City Council decided not to pursue opting out of HB 172.
- City Manager Recruitment Search. Council discussed the process by which a new City Manager will be selected. Council directed staff to conduct the nationwide City Manager search and not use a recruiting firm. Council directed staff to establish a committee (staff, 2-3 council members) to narrow down the applicants who would be interviewed by all of Council.