Be a Hero. Join Hudson EMS
HUDSON, OH (October 8, 2022) – Hudson EMS is hiring paramedics! Join our great EMS team that averages 2,400 calls a year. Hudson runs three ALS squads out of a single centralized station that is shared with the Hudson Fire Department. Fire certifications are not required, as Hudson EMS is a separate service from Hudson Fire.
Hudson EMS offers paid vacation days, overtime for City holidays, a flexible work schedule, opportunities for advancement, and much more! We require 24 hours on station each week.
Interested? Here are the qualifications and benefits of working for Hudson EMS.
License, Certificate, or Other Requirements
- Valid State of Ohio Driver’s License
- Valid State of Ohio Paramedic Certification
- Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) Certification
- Basic Trauma Life Support (BTLS) and Advanced Medical Life Support (AMLS) Certification preferred
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) or Pediatric Education for Prehospital Professionals (PEPP) Certification preferred
- NMS 100, 200, 700, and 800 (all to be obtained within 6 months of hire)
- No Fire Certifications required – This is an EMS only position. All fire duties are handled by Hudson Fire personnel.
- Paid vacation days per City policy
- Overtime for City holidays x 24 hours
- Flexible work schedule – (Choose your own shift availability)
- Flexible/Non-punitive, A-job or family emergency, shift coverage process
- Available promotion opportunities
- Ability to participate in Ohio Deferred Comp 457 Plans
- Uniforms provided, including free replacements
- Professional medical liability insurance
- Employee assistance program (EAP)
- OPERS earned
- Free in-house Continuing Education classes & In-Service training
- County TROT, HazMat, and SWAT team sponsorship and training budget
- Outside training class registration/tuition budget
- Free use of workout equipment
- Free WIFI use on station
Want to learn more about the Hudson EMS team?
Attend our Public Safety open house and meet our EMS team on October 10 from 5:30 pm to 8:30 pm. at our Safety Center at 40 S Oviatt St, Hudson, OH 44236.
Visit www.hudson.oh.us/EMS to learn more about Hudson EMS and to apply. Or visit our Human Resources page at www.hudson.oh.us/HumanResources.