Following is a summary of the Tuesday, June 14, 2022 City Council Workshop. To watch the full meeting, visit www.hudson.oh.us/WatchMeetings.
Council entered executive session to interview an applicant for the position of City Manager.
Correspondence and Council Comments
- A resident expressed concerns about sidewalk signing issues with disabled. Staff will verify there is ADA accessible widths along all public rights of way in our downtown area that may have tables and chairs used for outdoor dining. Each of these establishments needed a permit and they need to maintain the walks ADA width as part of that permit.
- Green Certification Programs. Request of the Environmental Awareness Committee to discuss consideration of Green Certification Programs. The programs proposed would allow homeowners to take advantage of improvements to their home for greater sustainability and can improve resale value of home. Cost associated with the programs would be paid by homeowners. Council discussed getting a LEADS certification as well. The EAC information will be put on the City’s website as directed by City Council. They will not move forward with a certification program at this time. Staff will check with Summit Soil and Water to see if we can get them to setup a drop-off for rain garden plants in our area. The EAC has held workshops on rain barrels and other classes like a Master Gardener class to have gardens be more self-sufficient.
- Owen Brown Street Sidewalk Project. The section of sidewalk along Owen Brown Street from Morse Road to Lennox is currently budgeted for construction in 2024. The Owen Brown Street Sidewalk Project will be budgeted for 2023 instead. The cost is currently $375,000, which will need revised before the City’s Capital Budget is approved in the fall. Based on Council concerns for safety, staff will review the light under the Owen Brown St. underpass and replace it with a brighter light(s).
Proposed Consent Agenda for June 21, 2022
- A Motion to Acknowledge the Timely Receipt of the May 2022 Monthly Financial Report.
- Resolution to bid and award the Clock Tower Repair Project.
- Resolution to enter an agreement with Excellence Inc. for the upgrade, repairs, and modifications to ambulance compartments and lighting and installation of a rear patient compartment air conditioning.
Proposed Legislation for June 21, 2022
- Ordinance amending Codified Ordinance Sections 660.08(c)(4)(D) and 672.12(f)(2) and regulating the use of consumer grade fireworks. Third Reading.
- Ordinance amending Sections 220.03, 220.031, and 220.06 of the Codified Ordinances to add provisions governing the introduction of Ordinances and Resolutions. Second Reading.
- Resolution amending the Storm Water Work Policy. Second Reading.
- Ordinance amending Section 660.22, "OBSTRUCTING SEWERS AND WATERCOURSES", of the General Offenses Code. Second Reading.
- Resolution repealing Resolution No. 21-149 and withdrawing the authorization granted to enter a purchase and sale agreement with Fairmount Properties for the sale of property in the downtown area. Second Reading.
Future Agenda Items
- Proclamation for Hudson Public Power Lineman scheduled for June 21, 2022
- Ordinance prohibiting city employees from serving on boards and commissions.
Future Meeting Schedule
- Due to the 4th of July holiday, Council decided to cancel its workshop on June 28 and its meeting on July 5.