Communications Intern Position
City of Hudson
1140 Terex Road
Hudson, Ohio 44236
Dates: June 13, 2022, through October 30, 2022
Hours: 15 to 25 hours/week (flexible)
Location: Work in office environment.
Pay/Benefits: $14/hour. No benefits.
Responsible for posting on and monitoring social media for the City of Hudson under the supervision of the Communication Manager. Will involve writing, design, and layout of social media posts for the City. Additional responsibilities include an E-Newsletter, attending Editorial Board meetings (online), updating data sheets, as well as additional communications tasks as assigned. Knowledge helpful and training will be provided.
- Proficient writing and communications skills
- Graphic layout and design knowledge is helpful
- Ability to work under deadlines
- Ability to multi-task several tasks
- Knowledge of working with MSWord, Excel, spreadsheets, & websites
- Knowledge of inverted pyramid writing (i.e. Press releases)
- Be a self-starter and team player
Position reports to the Communications Manager.
Send email with resume and contact information to Jody Roberts, firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline for resume submissions is June 1, 2022.