The City of Hudson has been in the midst of the reopening process these last couple weeks. The Parks baseball fields are open and ready for play, Hudson Parks trails are open, and Ellsworth Meadows Golf Club is fully open, with the exception of indoor dining. We are continuing to open more facilities as the State of Ohio allows. Please read the latest Hudson Parks and Community Facilities update below:
- All Hudson Parks trails remain open for public use.
- To give options to those hikers and walkers who may want to stop and turn around before the end of a trail, the City has designated the Barlow Farm Park Trail as a two-way trail. This trail has enough room to easily follow social distancing requirements as people pass one another.
- Hudson Springs Park, Cascade Park, and Maple Grove Park have been designated as one way as these trails are mostly wood lined and have areas that make it difficult to maintain social distancing when passing others.
- The remaining Hudson Parks trails are open with no changes in the direction of walking/hiking.
- When utilizing the trails, please make sure you observe Ohio’s social distancing requirements and follow all safety requirements that are posted at each park.
- Hudson Parks playgrounds remain closed.
- Children’s public playgrounds remain on Governor DeWine’s closed list. The City’s public playgrounds will remain closed until the Governor directs otherwise.
- Veterans Way Splash Pad is closed.
- The City of Hudson Splash Pad is NOT a Health Department regulated facility. Therefore, it remains on the Governor’s closed list. The City has received Ohio Department of Health confirmation of this status and have been advised to keep watching for future information regarding playgrounds and the Splash Pad.
- Hudson Parks restrooms remain closed until further notice.
- The City does not have the resources to fulfill the State requirement for all surfaces in public restrooms to be fully sanitized every two hours.
- Barlow Community Center and City Hall Community Rooms remain closed.
- Since the social distancing, mass gatherings, and sanitizing requirements have not been lifted by the State of Ohio, these facilities will remain closed to the public until the City is directed otherwise.
With the warmer weather arriving and summer in the air, we are eager to open the splash pad and playgrounds for residents to enjoy as soon as possible. Once the State of Ohio requirements concerning these facilities are lifted, the City will make an announcement about reopening plans. Thank you for your patience and for helping us keep Hudson safe!