Safety Town is back to normal for 2021, but if your child was unable to participate in person, feel free try out Virtual Safety Town instead!
How does Virtual Safety Town work?
All the same lessons taught during in-person Safety Town are available in video format on this webpage. Watch the videos with your child at your leisure - once a week, one a day, or if you're really ambitious, all in one day! At the end of each lesson will be a small homework assignment you can complete with your child. Submit your child's homework for each lesson, and when you get through them all, your child will be sent a Certificate of Completion!
Questions? Check out the FAQs at the bottom of this page.
Virtual Safety Town Video Lessons Click on the lesson names below to watch each video lesson, or find the full playlist below.
First Homework Assignment
- Upload a video of your family completing a fire drill at home!
- Ge low and go!
- Get out of the house as fast as you can.
- Go to your safe family meeting place. (a mailbox, a big tree, etc.)
Lesson 1 Homework
- Street Sign Bingo
- Street Sign Bingo Instructions
- Phone Number and Addresses High Fives from Creekside Learning
- Message to Parents from Officers Jim and Joe - Ready, Set, Dial App - Practice Calling 911
- UPLOAD STREET SIGN BINGO HOMEWORK HERE
Lesson 3 Homework
Lesson 4 Homework
- Read The Berenstain Bears Learn About Strangers - You can get this book from The Learned Owl or the Hudson Library!
- OR Watch The Berenstain Bears Learn About Strangers Video
Lesson 4 Resources
Lesson 5 Homework
- Pedestrian Safer Journey - Video
- Bicycle Safer Journey - Video
- Get a license for your bicycle! Register here, and HPD will send you a bicycle registration sticker to place on your bike.
Lesson 6 Homework
Lesson 6 Resources
Lesson 7 Homework
Lesson 8 Homework
- Match the Safety Equipment to the Item
- Parents - Submit a picture of your child wearing their favorite safety gear that keeps them safe!
- UPLOAD MATCHING AND PHOTO HOMEWORK HERE (Parents - you can take a picture of the matching sheet with your phone and upload it, or use Paint or another program to have your child complete it on the computer and submit the file!)
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I submit my child's first homework assignment?
Fill out this form and upload your family's Virtual Fire Drill here!
To contact Hudson Police Officers Jim and Joe, send an email to SafetyTown@hudson.oh.us. They would be happy to help!