Private Residential Driveway Pilot Plowing Program
Applications for the Private Residential Driveway Pilot Plowing Program have closed for the 2023-2024 season.
The City of Hudson will implement a Senior Snow Removal Pilot Program during the Winter 2023-2024 season designed to assist residents 65+ and/or adults with disabilities an opportunity to safely leave their home for medical treatment, prescription pick-up or access to emergency services during inclement weather. The program is designed as an emergency snow removal service that entails one pass through down and back of the driveway. Qualifying residents will receive four (4) vouchers to use at their discretion.
Hudson residents 65+ (by December 31) and/or adults with disabilities without an able-bodied individual living in the household meeting the Homestead Exemption criteria through the Summit County Fiscal Office will qualify for this service. Participant information submitted in the application process will be verified with the County Tax Records to ensure the criteria is met.
Application and Application Period
The application portal will open from December 13-21, 2023 or until 50 qualified applications are received. Applications are received on a first come, first served basis, and will be reviewed in the order of receipt. For questions or assistance with the application, call Public Works at (330) 342-1750.
Accepted residents will begin to receive notifications of acceptance into the program and instructions how to receive or pick up vouchers by January 5, 2024.
- Call the contractor to schedule service. Contractors have up to 48 hours to provide the service.
- Sign, date and surrender the voucher to receive the service. Vouchers are designed as door hangers and can be easily secured and retrieved by contractor.
- Mark driveway with snow markers minimally 48" in height.
- Ensure the house address is clearly visible from the street.
- Remove any obstructions, such as parked vehicles, from the driveway that could become damaged by a snowplow prior to service.
Applications will be accepted starting in December 2023 with a program start of January 1, 2024 and end date of March 31, 2024.
- What is the Private Residential Driveway Plowing Program?
- Who is qualified for the program?
- Once I get my vouchers, how do I receive the service?
- Will the City expand the program to more participants?
- I am having difficulty accessing the application or unable to complete the application. Where can I direct my questions?
- When will I be notified if I am accepted into the pilot program?
- I have received my vouchers. When can I begin requesting service?
- How do I sign up for the program?
- What if I need more than 4 vouchers during the season?