2021 Sidewalk Projects
As part of the Sidewalk and Trail Master Plan 2021-2025, five sidewalk projects will take place in 2021. Several others for upcoming years will also be designed this year. Questions about the Sidewalk and Trail Master Plan or how these projects may affect your property? View the Frequently Asked Questions here or at the bottom of this page.
Herrick Park Sidewalk Project (2021)
The City is preparing for construction of the upcoming Herrick Park Drive Sidewalk Project located between State Route 91 & Lascala Drive, which is scheduled for construction in Summer 2021.
A new 5 foot wide, 3,000 foot long concrete sidewalk and curb will be installed between 7456 and 7754 Herrick Park Drive. The project will also include the installation of new storm sewer, storm inlets, driveway aprons, ditch elimination, and other miscellaneous utility work along the southside of Herrick Park Drive.
The new sidewalk will connect to the new 8 foot sidewalk to be installed on State Route 91 later this fall and also to the existing sidewalk at the Lascala Drive intersection. The new walk will safely connect residents to the schools, the parks, and downtown Hudson as part of the Master Plan.
To sign up to receive project updates via email, visit www.hudson.oh.us/HerrickParkUpdates.
North Darrow Sidewalk Project (2021)
This project will include the installation of a sidewalk on North Darrow Road (SR 91) from Garden Lane to the Twinsburg Township Line.
South Darrow Sidewalk Project (2021)
This project will include the installation of a sidewalk on South Darrow Road (SR 91) just north of Norton Road to Corporate Drive.
W. Streetsboro Sidewalk Project (2021)
This project will include the installation of a sidewalk on W. Streetsboro Street (SR 303) from West Case to Nicholson Drive.
W. Barlow Sidewalk Project (2021)
This project includes the installation of a sidewalk from SR 91 to east of the railroad tracks along the north side of the roadway.
- What is the history of the Sidewalk and Trail Master Plan? When was the first plan implemented by City Council? When was it last updated? What was the purpose of the first plan?
- What is the Connectivity Plan?
- Why do we have a Sidewalk and Trail Master Plan?
- Where can I find a map of the future budgeted sidewalks and trails?
- How do these projects benefit Hudson residents?
- What projects will we see constructed in 2021?
- Where can I find more information about the Sidewalk and Trail Master Plan?
- Can I submit thoughts or suggestions about the plan?
- Is there a direct fee or charge to the adjacent property owners for this sidewalk work?
- Will I still receive packages, deliveries, and US Mail Service during construction?
- Will I still receive refuse and trash pickup service?
- Will my driveway access be disrupted?
- Who do I call if I have an issue?
- What if I have a private irrigation system or underground dog fence within the City right-of-way? Will I need to relocate it?
- What if I have a private fence, boulders, private walk, or landscaping within the City right-of-way? Will I need to relocate it?
- Will I need to remove snow and repair the sidewalk once it is constructed?
- Will the sidewalk be compliant with the current American Disability Act?