2021 Sidewalk Projects
As part of the Sidewalk and Trail Master Plan 2021-2025, five sidewalk projects will take place in 2021. Several others for upcoming years will also be designed this year. Questions about the Sidewalk and Trail Master Plan or how these projects may affect your property? View the Frequently Asked Questions here or at the bottom of this page.
Herrick Park Sidewalk Project (2021)
Project Update 9/13/2021
The Herrick Park Drive sidewalk project is now underway! (See the project description below for full project details). Short delays may occur during work hours, but two way traffic will be maintained.
Access to the driveways and properties along the south side of Herrick Park Drive will be open and maintained. The contractor will contact all property owners one day in advance for any closures or work within your driveway. NOTE: Not work is anticipated on the north side of Herrick Park Drive and there should be no driveway disruptions.
Project Update 8/16/2021
The Herrick Park Sidewalk Project has been bid and awarded to DL Smith Concrete. The project is anticipated to begin in the coming month, weather permitting. During all phases of construction, the contractor will maintain two-way traffic along Herrick Park Drive. During the course of the project, the City will have a City representative on site monitoring the contractors work.
The City is preparing for construction of the upcoming Herrick Park Drive Sidewalk Project located between State Route 91 & Lascala Drive, which is scheduled for construction in Summer 2021.
A new 5 foot wide, 3,000 foot long concrete sidewalk and curb will be installed between 7456 and 7754 Herrick Park Drive. The project will also include the installation of new storm sewer, storm inlets, driveway aprons, ditch elimination, and other miscellaneous utility work along the southside of Herrick Park Drive.
The new sidewalk will connect to the new 8 foot sidewalk to be installed on State Route 91 later this fall and also to the existing sidewalk at the Lascala Drive intersection. The new walk will safely connect residents to the schools, the parks, and downtown Hudson as part of the Master Plan.
To sign up to receive project updates via email, visit www.hudson.oh.us/HerrickParkUpdates.
- Project Start Update Letter to Residents
- Project Intro Letter to Residents
- Draft Plans for Herrick Park Sidewalk Project
North Darrow Sidewalk Project (2021)
Project Update 9/15/2021
The North Darrow Sidewalk Project is currently out to bid . The project is anticipated to begin in October of 2021, weather permitting.
This project will include the installation of a concrete sidewalk on North Darrow Road (SR 91) from Garden Lane to the Twinsburg Township Line. A new 5-foot wide concrete sidewalk will be constructed on the east side of Darrow Road between Garden Lane and Wren Haven, and on the west side between Christine Drive and the Corporation line which will incorporate a curb and a 6-foot concrete sidewalk. The project will also include the installation of new storm sewer infrastructure, driveway aprons, and miscellaneous utility work.
W. Barlow Sidewalk Project (2021)
Project Update 9/30/21
The construction of the Barlow Road Sidewalk Improvement Project began on Monday, September 27.
The contractor will be closing Barlow Road to east bound traffic only beginning Monday, October 11th for 30 days. West bound traffic will be maintained (one way traffic only). A signed detour will be in place for east bound traffic to use Terex Road and Darrow Road.
This project includes the installation of a sidewalk along the northside of Barlow Road between Nicholson Drive and SR 91.
South Darrow Sidewalk Project (2021)
This project will include the installation of a sidewalk on South Darrow Road (SR 91) just north of Norton Road to Corporate Drive.
W. Streetsboro Sidewalk Project (2021)
This project will include the installation of a sidewalk on W. Streetsboro Street (SR 303) from West Case to Nicholson Drive.
- What is the history of the Sidewalk and Trail Master Plan? When was the first plan implemented by City Council? When was it last updated? What was the purpose of the first plan?
- What is the Connectivity Plan?
- Why do we have a Sidewalk and Trail Master Plan?
- Where can I find a map of the future budgeted sidewalks and trails?
- How do these projects benefit Hudson residents?
- What projects will we see constructed in 2021?
- Where can I find more information about the Sidewalk and Trail Master Plan?
- Can I submit thoughts or suggestions about the plan?
- Is there a direct fee or charge to the adjacent property owners for this sidewalk work?
- Will I still receive packages, deliveries, and US Mail Service during construction?
- Will I still receive refuse and trash pickup service?
- Will my driveway access be disrupted?
- Who do I call if I have an issue?
- What if I have a private irrigation system or underground dog fence within the City right-of-way? Will I need to relocate it?
- What if I have a private fence, boulders, private walk, or landscaping within the City right-of-way? Will I need to relocate it?
- Will I need to remove snow and repair the sidewalk once it is constructed?
- Will the sidewalk be compliant with the current American Disability Act?