- Construction Projects
- South Main Street Widening Project
South Main Street Widening Project
Project Update - 4/12/2023
See below for an update for the ongoing work along South Main Street
- Temporary Pavement has been removed
- New Curbs have been installed
- Drive aprons will be reconstructed in the next couple weeks.
- Light Poles and Bases will be installed in the next couple weeks.
- Asphalt and Striping to follow early May
- Overall project expected to be completed by Memorial Day (Weather permitting)
Project Update - 11/1/2022
City Staff held an update meeting with the roadway contractor last week. Below is an overall update for the project and schedule for the next few weeks:
- Overall, the project remains on schedule.
- All new storm sewers have been installed and failing pavement sections removed along the east side of the roadway.
- In the coming days, the contractor will be installing new curbs along the east side of the road.
- Asphalt pavement is then scheduled to be placed before Thanksgiving and the lanes shifted going into the winter holidays.
- After Thanksgiving, weather permitting, the contractor will replace commercial driveway aprons and install the new sidewalk along the east side.
Project Update - 9/26/2022
Temporary widening is complete on the west side of SR 91. Beginning Monday September 26th, the traffic pattern shall shift west and shall remain there through the rest of the year. Work will begin Monday September 26th on the East side of SR 91, relocating utilities and widening until the contractor shuts down for the winter.
Project Update - 3/24/2022
Dominion will be starting on gas line relocation work on SR 91 from Stoney Hill Drive south to Barlow Road starting on March 16. The work will last approximately 10 weeks. Two-way traffic will be maintained with construction barrels throughout most the work, but alternating single lane traffic with flaggers will be needed during some phases of the work. All business will have access to their driveways throughout the duration of the work. Traffic delays should be expected.
The road widening project is anticipated to start construction later this year in early summer.
The City of Hudson has been awarded federal funding to complete the S. Main Street Widening Project. The project limits for the road widening improvement are along SR 91 (S. Main Street) from Barlow Road to the Stoney Hill Drive intersection. Final design of the project is currently being completed. A brief description of the proposed improvements is described as follows:
- SR 91 will be widened to accommodate a center two-way left turn lane throughout the project area.
- SR 91 will be resurfaced throughout the length of the project limits.
- 5’ bike lanes will be constructed on the east and west side of SR 91.
- Sidewalks will be constructed on the east and west side of SR 91.
The below exhibit shows the preliminary design of the improvements. The new roadway section will consist of three – 11 ft. wide lanes (2 thru lanes and one center turn lane), 5-foot on-street bike lanes on each side, along with a minimum 5-foot concrete walk on each side of the road. Other project improvements include traffic signal upgrades, storm sewer improvements, repair to heaving shoulders, and roadway resurfacing
The anticipated schedule for the project is outlined below:
Final Design Complete - Summer/Fall 2021
Estimated Begin Construction - Summer 2022
Estimated End Construction - Fall 2023
If you have questions regarding this project, please contact:
Bradley Kosco, P.E., P.S., City Engineer