Utility Relief Program
Small Business Utility Relief Program On Tuesday, April 21, Hudson City Council approved a temporary Utility Relief Program for small businesses that are customers of Hudson-owned utilities (Hudson Public Power and Water). This program is intended to assist small businesses that have suffered significant revenue loss due to the COVID-19 crisis. Please see ALL qualifications and details below before applying.
To qualify, business owners must meet one of the following criteria:
- Have a total business revenue of $2,000,000 or less per year
- Employ 20 or less full-time employees or full-time equivalents
- Please Note: The program is not intended for larger businesses or professional companies that have been able to remain in operation remotely. The program excludes home-based businesses.
- The Utility Relief Program allows all qualifying small businesses to apply for up to a $200 credit toward their commercial Hudson Utility Account bills due in May and/or June of 2020.
- The $200 credit is a total amount toward the customer’s utility bill for both months, not two separate payments.
- The $200 credit is a maximum total credit per qualifying small business, not per utility account. Qualifying small businesses on shared utility accounts are each eligible to apply for their own credit of up to $200. Businesses with multiple Hudson utility accounts are eligible for one credit of $200, not for a $200 credit per account.
- Once approved for the program, small businesses will see the credit appear on their bill in the next billing cycle.
- All businesses that are approved for the program will receive the credit. In the case that the credit exceeds the amount of the utility bill, the remaining credit will carry forward until the $200 is applied in full.
- Small businesses may start applying for the Hudson Utility Relief Program beginning Monday, April 27, 2020.
- All applications must be received by June 10, 2020.
- Applicants should know the status of their application within five business days of submission.
Please send all questions about the application process to firstname.lastname@example.org. When the program begins on Monday, April 27, we will respond to your email within one business day. All applications must be received by June 10, 2020.