GoalThe number one goal of the Fire Department is to prevent the loss of life and property. Through education programs conducted in our schools and community, we can take a large step forward toward accomplishing this goal.
Fire Safety Education ProgramsThe Fire Department offers fire safety programs to children and the community in the City of Hudson.
- General Fire Safety Programs - We present a variety of safety topics for the home and business.
- Emergency Evacuation Plans - The department helps prepare your emergency evacuation routes and procedures to fit your home or facility.
- Juvenile Fire-Setters Counseling - Education and counseling programs are presented to children who are exhibiting interest in playing with fire.
- Sparky the Fire Dog - We provide visits to children's groups to remind them to stay fire-safe.
- Preschool Parents Fair - Games and activities are offered to all ages during this fair.
- Safety Town - The Safety Town program, run through the Hudson Board of Recreation, is supported and operated by the Fire Department.
- Hudson Local Schools - Fire safety education programs are presented to all ages in the classrooms during school sessions.
- Preschool / Child Care - Programs and tours are designed specifically for children in this age group to promote fire safety
Fire Safety with Lt. Kevin Nelson