Middleton Road Sanitary Project
Summit County DOSSS Sanitary Sewer Project on Middleton Road
- What: Replacement of approximately 4,800 lineal feet of 8-inch sanitary sewers on the north side of the road (between Darrow Road and Stow Road).
- Where: Middleton Road (between Darrow Road and Stow Road)
- When: Beginning Monday, February 27, 2017
- Length: 4-5 months
- Traffic: Two-way traffic will be maintained. Expect delays and use alternate routes when possible.
Construction Progress UpdateWork is tentatively scheduled for completion by June 15, weather permitting. The remaining work schedule is as follows:
- During the week of June 5, the remaining asphalt road edge repairs and concrete driveway approach work will be completed.
- During the week of June 12, final grass restoration will take place along with overall site clean up.
An emergency issue arose with the sanitary sewer in front of the Hudson Country Club which required Summit County's contractor to begin the sewer replacement at that location which was completed in March of 2017. After this initial emergency construction, the contractor began replacing the sanitary sewers starting near Hudson Park Drive and working to the west. Once all of the main sanitary sewer has been replaced, the contractor will begin replacing select sanitary laterals under the roadway along the entire project length.
In addition, new storm sewer is being installed at various location within the project limit. Once all construction in a particular area is complete, driveways and grass areas will be restored. The project remains scheduled for completion this summer.
Two-way traffic will be maintained, but expect delays.
Contact Christine Lammlein with the Summit County Sanitary Sewer Services at 330-926-2400 with questions about this project.