Orange Barrel Updates
Check back weekly for updates on construction and traffic concerns during orange barrel season.
Barlow Road Improvements
The road is scheduled to reopen by the end of the July 31st week after RxR signs have been re-installed. The Barlow-Terex Road traffic signal project is complete and the signal will be fully functional August 2. Staff is working with ODNR on a grant to cover costs for a portion of the trail that is scheduled for construction in 2018-2019. A public meeting to discuss the current design with residents is scheduled for August 3, 6-8 p.m., at Barlow Community Center. More project info.
Manor Drive Water/Sewer Project
Due to resident’s concerns about the potential damage to private property trees, the City has hired Davey Resource Group to perform a tree assessment to evaluate the project’s impacts to the trees. In addition, staff has requested the contractor’s cost to install the new water main and storm sewers in alternate locations to lessen impacts to the trees. As a result of the Davey Resource study and the revised costs from the contractor being considerably higher than expected, this project will be re-designed and rebid in the Fall, 2017. By re-designing and rebidding the project, the City will be able to make adjustments to the plans and project budget in an effort to meet both the City's goals and residents requests. More project info.
Middleton Sanitary Sewer Replacement (Summit County DOSSS)
Pavement repairs and grass area re-restoration is now complete. No additional work by the County is anticipated at this time. More project info.
North Main Street Construction
- The Windstream work has been completed.
- The sidewalk repair work has been completed, except for the water issue at the Peachtree Restaurant that will be replaced in the coming weeks. The contractor will continue to insert the sandstone inlays next week. The sandstone work will be done during the day. Some parking will be needed by the contractor for this work on the sidewalk inlays (Approximately 2-3 spaces.)
- The contractor will be paving areas of N. Main St. on Monday night, August 7 from 9 pm to 7 am. Expect delays during these times.
- On Tuesday, August 8 and Wednesday, August 9, traffic lanes will shift into the diagonal parking areas of complete work on manholes. Anticipate delays.
- During the week of August 7, the contractor will be installing the roadway crosswalk bump-outs during the day at the mid-block crossing and at Park Drive. This work will temporarily eliminate all of the parking between Clinton St. to Park Drive for 3-4 days. This parking disruption was planned and stated in several previous meetings with the merchants. This is the last major use of the parking spaces for the construction of the project.
- In mid-August, we will install the sandstone retaining wall on the Gazebo Green. Final paving and striping will be completed at night also in late August. Furnishings and planters will be installed. Final clean up and punch list will be completed by the end of August.
- More project info.
Norton Road/SR 91 (City of Stow Project)
Traffic delays are expected! Final completion work is being performed. By the end of next week, anticipate daily lane closures and traffic pattern shifts as asphalt and final paving markers are installed. Additionally, remaining work to be performed in August is traffic signal installation at Norton Road and Fishcreek Road, and final seeding and mulching by the bike trail.
Prospect Road/91 Intersection
The contractor will begin installing curb on E. Prospect St. underdrain and grading the sub-base for the roadway in this area. Paving will begin the week of August 7th on SR 91 and E. Prospect St. Expect Delays during the daytime hours. The signal mask arms are scheduled to be delivered next week. We anticipate the signal hardware will be up in early August, with construction completed by September.
Originally, the work involved improving the intersection and signals and was expanded to include replacing a deteriorating storm sewer. While in construction, they ran into issues with a 100-year-old water line. More project info.
Stow Road Emergency Water Main Connection
Work has been temporarily postponed due to the delayed delivery of a new water meter vault. Construction will resume next week. The remaining work for the project includes the installation of the remaining 16 inch water main, new water meter vault and connections to existing water mains. Testing will be performed prior to final restoration in September.
The City of Akron is installing a new 16-inch water main along Stow Road between Barlow Road and Weston Drive which will connect two existing 16-inch water mains in this area. The new water main will provide a backup connection to serve Akron water customers in Hudson should an emergency arise. More project info.
Valley View Culvert Replacement
A sandstone box culvert must be replaced on Valley View, north of Middleton. It is currently being designed, and is scheduled for construction this fall.
Veteran’s Trail Phase III
Staff recently presented a conceptual plan to ODOT. A public meeting is scheduled for August 2, 6-8 p.m., at Barlow Community Center. Construction is slated for 2018-2019. More project info.
Walters Road Ditch Elimination
To eliminate the widening ditch on Walters Road, crews will shut down Walters Road on a Saturday for this construction. The area is from the Pet Cemetery south. Construction is planned in August. Residents and the public will be notified in advance of this closure.
Downtown Phase II
In an effort to make the bid solicitation process more efficient and cost effective for both vendors and the agency, Hudson has adopted an electronic bidding process for all capital improvement projects. Please visit Electronic Bidding for further details.